Friday, May 1, 2009

There is nothing wrong with having a liberal beliefs system.
-- Bill O'Reilly Talking Points 4/30

Two things I am thinking about after watching Mr. O'Reilly's daily Talking Points. 

1.  There was a heavy emphasis on "evil." There is a real belief among conservatives that liberals don't understand evil. I do think it's one of the big differences between the two mindsets. Personally, I believe that evil is not something you are, but something you do. Usually after life has screwed you over royally, again and again. If I really thought that someone could just be born "evil," I never would have had a child.  

2. I am suspicious of polls cited on conservative media. After Bill cited a poll by Rasmussen, I immediately looked up the polling firm to see what Wikipedia had to say about it, only to find that analysis showed Rasmussen Reports as the most accurate national polling firm in Election 2008. Even so, this kind of critical eye is good - anytime we are given numbers we should look at them and try to figure out how accurate they are. Note to self: Question numbers when they come from liberal news as well. I went to journalism school. Even beyond their bias,journalists are really bad with numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment